The cellular cameras work in the base with the knowledge of upto 5th generation network to transmit data. Its wide purpose is to start monitoring the wildlife hunting and the spots. To transmit data, the cellular camera needs specific network which will work according to the data plans. Wireless and cellular cameras are confused sometimes. Both does not require wires but wireless cameras do not have the access to data transmission with data plan. The data is stored in the camera for future access. Trail cameras are built in with sensors that can detect motion and capture the sensitive movements. Once it detects the motion, it will record the video and captures photo. It will not work for the whole day which will reduce the battery life. This works when it senses any motion. Likewise when it detects the motion, it will send notification of the motion capture to the registered device.
Since the camera is for hunting, it is installed in the outdoor environment. So it is not possible to use adapters and route cables. In this case, trail camera uses wire free and battery powered or solar powered system. As the main purpose of trail camera is for hunting, it can also be used for security purpose after completing the hunting process. Even it can be used by land owners to protect their field by detecting the trespassers.
Factors to consider while choosing a trail camera
To choose a cellular trail camera, it is important to choose one which has the particular key features. Here are the list f features that will guide you through the choice.
- Water resistance – The camera is installed outdoor, it needs to be designed with water resistance feature. It will help with the categorized option of handling every weather condition.
- Night vision – The activities like scout, hunting and monitoring will be performed in the night time, it needs proper vision to capture the image in the night time.
- Cellular signal
- Find the mobile service that provides the signal in that area.
- Choose a cellular trail camera data plan to install in the spot and used it in the budget.
- Battery life – The outdoor place cannot be used with the wired connection; it has to operate with battery. The battery can be either solar powered or battery powered.
- Notification – This the main advantage of choosing this device. Cellular trail camera sends notification once it captures the image. So the quality of notification should be considered before getting one.
- Storage option – With this kind of camera, there are two different storage options. They are local storage and cloud storage. Both has equal pros. The choice is based on your convenient and access.